Sunday 16 December 2012

inspiration and creativity

Creativity and inspiration are amazing things.  Sometimes the flow is just...there.  Other times it seems like a gigantic cement block is standing in the way and no there is no way to get round it.   This is the week before the week before Christmas and I am into list making big time.  Without the lists, I would be lost in the swirl of trying to accomplish things, with no clear idea of how to go about anything. 
so, here is some of the list for what it is worth - buy the Christmas tree - this is a big one.  The tree lots are up and the loud speakers are pumping out Christmas music, hoping to entice and inspire people to pick out their trees, strap them to the tops of their cars, and take them home to decorate.  Last year we went tree shopping in a mini snow storm.  It was magical walking through the mini forest of evergreens while the snow swirled around us.  Reality set in though when we had to choose, and then pay the price, which was rather shocking.
Still, it was a lovely tree and took pride of place in the newly painted livingroom.   So, tree shopping has to be at the top of the list this week.
- finish Christmas shopping.  Ah...here is where I desperately need inspiration, and here is where the cement block is looming, big time.  Maybe inspiration with strike like this rainbow...but I doubt it.  More likely I will slog through the shops searching in vain for just the right thing, the inspired thing.   Actually, with the boys, I probably will take the  cheque-in-the-card route, which might not be such a bad solution.
- plan the food and start the baking.   I've decided this year to stick with the tried and true, and tradition.  There will be shortbread cookies - a must.  There will be mince tarts - because I like them.  There will be Christmas cake, not made by me this year but still good.  There will be chocolate because life just isn't good without chocolate.  
I've been watching Christmas themed moves the past couple of days while I rest my poor foot which is still healing from surgery.  Last night it was "Love Actually".  Here is the message - Christmas is about love and honesty, and family.  The rest is just window dressing.  Good to remember and be inspired by.

No comments:

Post a Comment