Monday 24 December 2012

A Very Merry Christmas to All


It is Christmas Eve.  Outside the snow is gently falling...very small flakes, not the giant flakes that make my heart sing, but, flakes nevertheless.  I am having a quiet moment here with a cup of tea and a shortbread cookie.  One boy is at the gym buffing up,  the other one is playing a video game in his room and number one son is wrapping prezzies downstairs.  The house is calm.  Libby is napping. The stocking are hung.  No chimney, but they are taking pride of place on the bannister.
I am so proud of these two grandchildren I am blessed with, these two young men.  It is a joy to have them around even for a short time. 

Arn't these snowmen great?  When I owned the shop, we used to make these darlings in Knitting Class.
I have the pattern,.  If anyone wants to make them for next year, drop me a note and I'll get the pattern to you.
And the cookies....this year I'm sticking with tradition, partly because the autumn hasn't been the best for me healthwise, and partly because I'm nostalgic.  So, Swedish Pastry, my mother's shortbread cookies, fudge cake, and apple strudel are on the sweets menu.  Tomorrow out will come the "magic" turkey pan inherited from my dear mum and in will go the turkey stuffed with wild and long grain rice.
A very Merry Christmas from all of us in our house - Patty, Scott, Alex, Nik, Libby and Bella the bunny to all of you.  May the coming year be all you want it to be and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment