Friday 6 July 2012

Up in the Air birdmen


I walked out my front door this morning for my morning walk with Libby the intrepid border collie when what did my ears pick up?  The unmistakable sounds of two small planes - and not just any two small planes.  Both of us looked up (Libby tracks planes - sight dog that she is) and what did our wondering eyes see but two Snowbirds, those gorgeous little red and white acrobatic planes we in Canada are so proud of, flying in tight formation right over my house.  Very auspicious to my way of thinking. 
I was thrilled to see all nine Snowbirds fly their show a year ago, and I have seen them many times during my time on Vancouver island.  They are a sight to behold.  One time our little seaside town was privileged to have a special flying show just for us.   They even made a big smoke heart and then flew an arrow through it to the wild cheering of everyone on the beach.   Fly on Snowbirds!

No comments:

Post a Comment