Thursday 12 July 2012

Crocheting purses





  It's been so hot here for the past few days that I can't bear to go outside.  I've been huddled in my studio with the fan blowing while I finish work on the five bags that will be the next "flight" to go up on the ETSY shop.  Even with the windows open in the back on the north side, and the entire front of the house, which faces south, shut up, and all the fans blowing, the inside hovers over 27 degrees celsius by supper time.  This is not good for my state of mind.  Libby and I venture out first thing in the morning for her constitutional, and then she beetles down to the basement and hibernates with the rabbits. I disappear into the studio and turn the fan on high.  
I'm very pleased to have finished these five bags. I pinned them up on our new trellis to have their pictures taken.  Each is it's own self. I found some great buttons in my stash.  And I made crochet flowers for the red bag.  And I have lined every bag, putting pockets in the two largest ones.  The grannie square bag is a good shopping bag size, or travelling project size.  They go down in size from there to the smallest one which is 4" by 6" , nice little evening bag size.  It has been a satisfying few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment