Wednesday 18 July 2012

One of those days

Sometimes I just have to make a list of everything I have accomplished in a day, in order not to beat  myself up for what I haven't done.  What is with that, I ask you.   I've made two loaves of bread today, one a kettle loaf - my favourite - and one for sandwiches for Scott.   Well, technically the second loaf is rising and hasn't gone into the oven yet...but it will before long.  And the "no-knead-kettle-bread" is sitting on the breadboard, just begging to have the crust cut off, slathered with butter and eaten. 
Libby and I have been for one walk and as soon as it cools down, we will venture into the back yard to play with her new yellow frisbee and then go for a second walk.  Our river walks have been severely curtailed with all the flooding, the humidity, and the mosquitos in the river valley.   I'm teaching her to jump through a hoola hoop too.  She looked at me yesterday like she couldn't quite make out why she should go through this strange plastic circle I was holding in the air.  Funny little dog.
I have been to a guild meeting this morning.  I have high hopes for this guild and for the cameradry that will be there for me.  The Wild Rose Quilting Guild meets once a month in Cochrane at Addi's quilt shop.  This particular guild specializes in applique.  And what an amazing bunch of creative women they are!  I hope I can be part of it.
I have taken the bins out to the back alley for tomorrow's pick up.   And I have crocheted two applique flowers to add to the stash.    I'm also working on some leaves.  So there you have it, a "small things" day all round but still better than nothing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment