Sunday 5 May 2013

Final sock class




Well, here they are...the first socks.  Shawn chose blue, Sabrina chose pink. they each completed one sock during the three week session - which means they have to bite the bullet and make the twin or they will have one very cold foot.  It was so much fun to guide these students in the art of sock making and so much fun to work with Veronica at Stash Needle Art Lounge in Inglewood.  It was a great beginning and I hope we can grow the interest in the fine art of knitting handmade socks with pretty yarn and tiny needles. 
I gave each of them  a small present to say thank you from me for being so enthusiastic and fun:
They each got to choose which crochet rock they wanted..  Found art is meant to give away I think.  I picked up some odd shaped rocks at the river when Libby and I walked there today...it will be fun creating "snoods" for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment