Wednesday 27 February 2013

An amazing day

I got a speeding ticket a while back, one of those photo radar tickets that came in the mail complete with a picture of the back end of my car.  This ticket has been sitting like an ugly toad on my desk ever since I got the thing.  It took my breath away when I looked at what they wanted to charge me.   In my defense, I didn't see any speed limit signs slowing down traffic so...well...  today, I screwed up my courage and took my self into the city on the train to plead with the court for a reduction of the fine. I'm pleased to say the officer was very sympathetic and reduced the charge by two thirds.  So, I celebrated-sushi lunch at the Devonian Gardens sitting amongst  the exotic greenery, soothed by the bubbling water fountains high above the hustle of Calgary's busy downtown streets.

The impromptu piano concert was lovely too.


 Wonderful wood carvings add to the ambiance and personality of the gardens., here   It really is a lovely spot, well used by the lunching office crowd.  There was lots of good people watching to be had.
I couldn't go home without a visit to Joe Fafard's wonderful horse sculptures sitting on the snowy prairie grasses at the Alberta Court House


These are amazing creatures, eternally galloping through the wind swept prairie grass surrounded by sky scrapers.

The roof of the sandstone court house is reflected in the glass windows of the sky scraper across the street..

No comments:

Post a Comment