Monday 3 September 2012

Walking down memory lane

This past August (I can say that now because we have turned over into September)  I was invited to my High School Grad class reunion.  August has been indeed a month of renewing friendships, catching up with family and much visiting.  The class reunion was amazing.  Many thanks go to Karen and Leona for tracking us down, inviting all of us and organizing a lovely dinner celebration all coinciding with Fair Days in my little home town.  I grew up in the small southern Alberta town of Claresholm and for me, this coming together was the first time back to my little town in many, many years.  So I spent time driving and walking on streets which used to be so familiar, and now look so different.  I drove by the house I grew up in and could hardly recognize it.  I walked around the main street  looking for landmarks and not finding very many.  I guess it is true that you can't go back, you must go forward.   But you can remember and that is good.




 So,  this going back was fun, and full of stories from old school pals.  This going back was about people, not things.  This going back was getting re-aquainted, catching up and promising to stay in touch. 
The photos are courtesy of Curtis Funk, who took them with his I-pad.  From top to bottom, Anola and Valerie at the Museum, Me with Harold Seymour who just gave me a Claresholm pin (I'll treasure that), Karen and Marilyn chatting during cocktail hour, Len and karen, and Curtis and Len.  It was all wonderful and a memory I'll treasure.

By the way the Claresholm Museum is a gem, and well worth a day trip.  It is housed in the former railway station.

No comments:

Post a Comment