Wednesday 14 January 2015

Fun in the Snow

It's January. 

We have lots of snow around here.
And we love to play in it




I actually dreamed last night that I was in my green garden rejoicing at the new plants coming back after winter.  Obviously we have a long way to go as the 4x4 beds are buried in the white stuff at the moment.  Libby is really the only one who truly, truly enjoys having shovel fulls of snow in her face. 

Today we are having a Chinook, the snow is melting and temperatures are above zero.  January can be like that sometimes.

I must need green because the lace shawl I'm working on is very green.
It looks like a crumpled lump of nothing right now, but I'm having fun working it up, and when it is blocked I think it will look quite spectacular.  This one is called the Arrowhead Shawl, designed by Pam Allen and originally published by Interweave press in 2006 - Ravelry has it if you're motivated to have a look.  Ravelry has just about everything.  I think, if this one actually works out - it will be the teaching shawl for our new lace class at Stash.  That's all I have to show you today. 
Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment