Friday 2 January 2015

A very Happy New Year to you all!

I sort of skipped New Year's this year.  I had every intention of seeing it in, at least on television, but sleep seemed more important and I missed the ending. I hope you had fun whatever you did.

And I woke up yesterday morning, the first morning of 2015 thinking that I hope I'm not tuning into   carnage  - but - sadly that is exactly what I tuned into - shootings at a Calgary house party, the aftermath of a mass murder, more news about the sad recovery of the Air Malaysia airplane, and even more news about the horrific ferry fire in the Mediterranean.  And that was just last week!

It can only get better can't it?

So this is what I hope.

I hope it does get better.  I hope people will start to be kind to each other and stop trying to destroy one another.  I hope we all take a page out of Commander Chris Hatfield's book and make some positive resolutions...and then follow them, do them, live them.

 I think if we taught all men to knit - including high profile politicians,  we wouldn't have so much negativity and war.  Think about it.   If we taught young men to knit, maybe they wouldn't want to shoot or stab each other or rape women.

  It might seem a frivolous thought, but I read an interesting story a few years ago about a scientific test on a knitter's brain waves during the act of knitting.  Electrodes were attached to her head and away she went, into the zone.  Imagine the surprise on the faces of the scientists to find out her brain waves went into a meditative state as her hands concentrated on making the stitches.

 Two sticks and some string!  - powerful weapons indeed.

A very happy new year to you all.  thanks so much for sticking with me on this tiny blog.  Thanks for reading.  May we all have a good year.    Cheers   Patricia












No comments:

Post a Comment