Friday 24 January 2014

Mid Winter Blues

I am tired of winter, tired of the snow, tired of the ice that makes walking feel like a high wire act, tired of looking at the dirty snow that lines the city streets after the plows throw it to the side.

 Even Libby is tired of this particular snow, and Libby, as we all know, loves the snow.  But this snow is packed down, crusty and sounds like squeeky styrofoam  as we plow through it. 

This snow does not make snowballs, or snow men.  This snow is just sort of mean. 

It has made navigating down our small street a challenge.  And we are tired of it.  Even a trip to the garbage bin is a heart stopping activity. 

The good news is - snow melting is in high gear and the temperature is above zero.  The bad news is- tonight all those melting puddles will turn to shiny ice and won't that be fun tomorrow morning.

It's a good time to stay inside and knit.   I'm working up a new pair of socks in a  yarn from Estelle Designs called "SockItToMe"  Great name eh?  The colour number is 52901 - no name, just a number -  in soft shading that goes from grey to light blue to almost cream and than back to grey. It is a single ply sock weight yarn that is very soft and fluffy. I love working with it and seeing how the colours blend.

 Fingerless gloves are on another set of  needles using Spud & Cloe Fine Sock, a blend of wool and silk.  What a lovely product this is to work with, even though it is all in one colour.  I must say though,  I am addicted to the multi coloured yarns available these days.  Maybe it is because I'm living in a black and white world I seem to need colour.

The third project on the needles is a shawl made with a lovely red fuzzy yarn I pulled out of my stash.  I intend to give this away as a prayer shawl when its finished and fringed.  It is working up quickly.

The forecast is for snow on Sunday .  Maybe I need to get one more project on needles to see me through until the Winter Olympics begin. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment