Friday 11 October 2013

It Continues...

I'm pleased to say this Bathroom Renovation, which has been consuming me for the past two weeks, and turning the house upside down, is almost complete.  The leaky problems have been fixed, thanks to our Angel, Gary from Rona, and I now have a delightful soaker tub hooked up to hot water, and drainage.  I had my first soak in it last night complete with candle and book.
And...the gorgeous vessel sink which started this whole thing, is in place, hooked up and in use in front of the new mirror.. 
No paint is on the walls yet...but the paint chips are being scrutinized, eliminated, and we are close to picking out a final colour which, hopefully will compliment the sink.
I love paint names.  They are so poetic don't you think?  Names on these little Benjamin Moore chips are Forget me not, arctic blue, Birds Egg, China blue, Tear Drop Blue - that's a good one.  Who thinks up these amazing names?  Do paint companies hire English Majors?  Or Creative writing majors?
 I'm sort of waffling between Forget me not and Arctic Blue at the moment but that could change.

Still to be done besides painting the walls and installing the new light, is grouting, and sealing the grout around the tub.  This will be my job for tomorrow...I hope.
The old bathroom gak has now gone to the dump, and the deck has been scraped and sanded clean of old paint , ready for some weather proofing stain to be applied.  I hope winter holds off long enough to finish the last of the outside garden chores here.  Keep the snow away I say!

So,  I focused on my goal - the bathroom renovation.  I identified the core activities and made a list of what was needed and then purchased it.  I created the certainty of success and other than the pesky leaks, there have been surprisingly few glitches so far,. I stayed within my self imposed budget...more or less - the leaky delays threw us off a bit. And we're almost at the finish line.  The bathroom is usable and I really enjoyed creating the tiled bathtub enclosure.  It's sort of a free form entralac design which was probably a bit ambitious for my first big tile job, but me and my trusty tile cutter won the day. 

And, so it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment