Monday 28 October 2013

catching up

I'm sitting at my desk this quiet Monday morning, trying to catch up after a very busy weekend helping people at Stash Needle Art Lounge in Inglewood.  This is the darling little yarn shop I talk about from time to time, which has just relocated right onto the main thoroughfare of the district - 9th Avenue, into a converted old house.  They have done a smashing job of re-defining the space.  And they are busy let me tell you!  They opened at this space 2 weeks ago, right after our Thanksgiving weekend and the knitters are pouring in.

From my point of view, it is great to be back in the business.  This is like reading the best parts of the book - I get to help people, talk about yarn and knitting and crochet (which I happen to know a bit about) touch all the new stuff, help organize the new space, and then hand it all over to someone else to adminster.  And I'm doing it part time only and I'm doing some teaching.  It doesn't get better than that!  Next up on the teaching roster for me is the Felted Christmas Sock which should be great fun and runs November 2nd, 9th and 16th.  I'll post a tutorial on the fine art of knitting and fulling while making a Christmas sock in a few days.There is still lots of time to knit the sock and dude it up in time to hang by the chimney with care.


Yesterday we had our first blizzard of the season (sigh).
Today the back garden looks like this:  All those foot prints are courtesy of Libby the Border Collie who as we know, loves snow.


 What a difference a day makes!  Yesterday we watched the storm through the shop windows while we helped cold people pick out warm cozy and soft yarns to knit toques, scarves, cowls and mittens.  I like snow, although not as much as Libby does.  What I'm not so fond of is scraping the windshield of the car and pushing the snow off the car roof.

According to the weather guru's though, this is all going to melt and the warmer temperatures will be back in time for Hallowe'en night so all the little ghosties and goblins won't have to wear their parkas and mittens over their costumes.  We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment