Wednesday 18 November 2015

On and off the needles.


A new cowl design from me that I am teaching at the Knotty Knitter right now  Our first class was Saturday and for a learn to knit clss, it went extremely well.  Muscle memory is amazing.  These women had learned years ago but then dropped the needles.  They didn't think they remembered, but their hands did.  Gotta love that.
Boot cuffs are all the rage this fall.  Great to put together out of odds and ends, doubling  yarn to make something totally different.  And, I found that if you only get one made and run out of steam, you can use it as a cup cuff for your travel mug.  Keeps the tea smoking hot.  Excuse the blurry phone shot - I took it into the mirror.  Needs must as they say.
This morning Libby and I woke up to snow on the tops of the mountains that surround out lovely little valley.  The sun is shining and it is gorgeous.  If you look closely you can just see the border collie hiding in the tall grass there.

I'm still fine tuning here.  Moving house takes a long time to sort out.  Or it seems to be taking a long time this time.  Stage one was getting everything out of the boxes.  Now I'm onto stage two - wondering why I put that thing in that cupboard and where did I put that other thing.  It's interesting that I can see that other thing in another drawer in a former house - but I can't lay my hands on it in this house.  I swear I have gremlins in here.

Getting the pictures up on the wall was major! 
And that's a wrap, as they say, for today.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment