Tuesday 26 November 2013

The big Reveal

The Bathroom is finished!   Arctic Blue paint on the walls  replaces the "tasteful grey" paint job we inherited along with some of the other unfortunate paint colour choices we have covered over in this funny little house.

The gorgeous vessel sink is in place on the white vanity

Towel hooks are up
The lovely big soaking tub looks like it always was in place and OH MY is it a luxury to sink into all that hot water for some hydro therapy now that winter is here.

I absolutely love these green glass tiles I embedded into the white subway tiles.  It was an amazing amount of work, probably more than I should have taken on.  But isn't that always the way?  If you don't know how hard or long a job is going to be, you jump in with both feet and boundless enthusiasm - at least I do.  I think I had actually tiled one small piece of countertop before this.  And I made my design impossibly complicated.  But it works!  Would I do it again - well maybe, but not so hair raisingly complex for sure.

There are one or two niggly little things to still attend to in the new bathroom but they will happen and in the meantime, here it is, revealed in all its blue arctic glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment