Sunday 10 March 2013

My week

In this world of sparkly white snow, amazing blue skys and temperatures just above freezing, I find myself longing for colour and spring blossoms.



But instead I am seeing this
I have to admit there is a certain austere beauty in this icicle
I'm quite impressed by mother nature at times.
However, that doesn't lessen the longing for spring, warm temperatures, and growing things.  I'm not alone here.  There is a sort of cabin fever that sets in around here this time of year.  The book shop is full of gardening books, the seed displays are showing up at the grocery store. I've seen a few brave souls in shorts and tee shirts although that is stretching the point I think.   
Even our bunnies and Libby the intrepid border collie are getting a tad restless
They chase each other all over the great room downstairs. Well...they chase, Libby herds them.  It seems to amuse them.  It certainly amuses me as I sit working on my sock and watching films.  I'm getting ready to teach a sock class at a wonderful little yarn shop(this one) next month which should be great fun.  If you're interested in learning the fine art of sock knitting, check out Veronica's website and schedule and sign up. 
And that was my week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment