Monday 21 January 2013

The 21 day photo challenge rolls on to the end

  I don't understand why they call today "Blue Monday".  It seems to me that if you tag a day with a negative connotation, you run the terrible risk of making it so. A day is what you make it, and a day filled with blue sky and sparkling snow is anything but blue.   These beaded Butterflys are fresh off the worktable.  I'm using #10 beads and 30 wt wire which can be a bit of a challenge but so far so good. More are in the works as I build up stock.

 And stop the presses! We have a new bunny!  Her name is Midnight. She is a five year old mini lop - jet black.  Bella, needless to say, is thrilled.  We were so devastated when our big Bonnie passed away in the fall.  Bella has been so lonely.  This pretty little girl is a keeper for sure.  And she and Libby are getting to know each other too. 



This afternoon Libby and I took time for a walk through our sparkly winter wonderland at Bowmont Park by the Bow River.  The last of the snowberries are still clinging to the branches along with a few silvery leaves here and there. .  It was a lovely sunny day today, crunchy snow underfoot and not too chilly for walking.  Libby is great fun because she gets such joy from being out there plowing through the snow.  It's hard to argue with that.
These photos are all part of the portfolio challenge to take a picture every day for 21 days, thus making a new habit.  The theory is that by making picture taking a habit, the camera will always be there, available and ready to go.  I must admit some days have been more inspired than others.  I tend to get bogged down by the sameness of my routine and stop "seeing".  What carrying the camera regularly has done though, is forced me to look differently at my little world and it has also forced me to plan excursions so as to be able to take different pictures.  January is turning out to be a good month,  Here's to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment