Saturday 10 November 2012

Hippos and Elephants

I can't believe what a bad cold I have at the moment.  This combined with foot surgery to remove an embedded needle a week ago, and the amazing snow storm we just enjoyed here in Calgary, have turned me into a prisoner of my house.
So...what's a girl to do but disappear into the studio and...well,...create these.


I did some serious stitching.  The inspiration was this.  I have to warn you though - it's an ear worm.  Once this song gets into your head, it is so, so difficult to get back out.  You'll be humming it for days.
The song was recorded in 1953 by a 10 year old singer named Gayla Peevey from the US. 
Both the darling little Hippo and his pal the Elephant are available on my ETSY shop, along with the 4 other ornaments I created this fall - You can see them here 
About the needle - I drove that into the sole of my foot sometime in the summer, when it was hot and I was roaming around the house barefoot.  That will teach me  At any rate, the healing has begun.  Once the stitches are out, I'll be good as new, hopefully.
Today it looks like fairyland outside.  The sky is bright blue, snow sits in the big fir trees out my window looking for all the world like a staged post card .  It's gorgeous but very cold today.
We had put the aging jack o lantern out on the back deck to stand guard.  He looks like the grinch doesn't he.  Brrrrr.  Libby the border collie, on the other hand, thinks the snow fell especially for her.  She is having a love affair with it and the best game in the world is chasing snowballs in the back garden.  Since walking is difficult, snowball throwing exercises us both.   

No comments:

Post a Comment